WMS Weddings & EVENTS COVID-19 RESPONSE
First, let us say "thank you!" to all of our clients who have worked with us through the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. Many of you have rescheduled your event date multiple times and have overcome obstacles never encountered before in the wedding and event industry.
Second, as we continue our way through COVID-19, we know there are a lot of questions and uncertainty on how to proceed in events going forward. We want all of you to know what we are doing on our end and will do our best to update this page with frequently asked questions and how we plan to handle "what if..." scenarios.
Let's dive in!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. "Are you canceling events?"
No! As of right now, WMS Weddings & Events has no intention of canceling any events on our end due to COVID-19.
2. "What are you doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as events are allowed to occur?"
Until August 31, 2020, all events are being handled without an attendant to minimize contact between our staff and guests at events. We have stopped servicing events in the following states for 2020: New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia and Washington, D.C. We will continue to service events in Maryland (excluding D.C.) and Pennsylvania. We are following the mandates for both states and will continue to do so. As of September 1, 2020, we will service events with attendants.
3. "My venue has a limited amount of people able to be onsite. Do I have to have an attendant?"
We understand there are mandates to work within and while we are putting attendants back to work as of September 1, 2020, if you prefer to not have an attendant, we can certainly accommodate you and have an attendant offsite, but on call for your event. If you would prefer to discuss this option, please contact your event coordinator for details.
4. "I have to postpone my event until 2021 - will I lose my deposit?"
Your deposit will carry over to the new date without any penalties. We know these are unique times and we certainly do not want to add any unnecessary stress. If you need to postpone your event date, please let us know as soon as possible as we are booking through 2022. If you choose to cancel your event, rather than postpone, you can use the deposit for another event for up to 18 months after your original event date. After 18 months, the event will be considered canceled and the deposit forfeited unless a previous agreement has been made with WMS.
5. My event date changed - when is my balance due?
Payment in full is due 30 days before your event date. If your date has changed, your payment date will move to be 30 days before your new date.
6. How can I pay my balance?
Your balance can be paid via check (mailed to WMS Weddings & Events PO Box 334 Dallastown, PA 17313) or you can pay using the following methods: online invoice (credit/debit card), Venmo or PayPal.
7. What precautions will you take at events to keep everyone healthy?
This is an evolving discussion in our office, so this area may change as the situation with COVID-19 changes. Here is what we have determined so far:
- Sanitizer: We will be providing sanitizer at all photo booth stations for guests to use.
- Photo Booth: Our attendants will work the photo booths to minimize multiple people touching the booth.
- Attendants: Our attendants may wear masks if we feel it is necessary. As we've learned in the last few months, things can change rapidly, so our hope is that come September 1st, masks won't be necessary. We are looking to also provide two attendants (if room permits) for all events. One attendant will be assigned to operate the photo booth while the other will work with guests to ensure props are put away and sanitized between use. A second attendant will be provided to all currently scheduled events at no additional cost to you.
- Props: No props are in circulation until September 1. Props typically include: glasses, boas, signs and tiaras. Props and tiaras can easily be wiped down between individual use. Boas are laundered between each event, but may not necessarily be able to be sanitized between each individual guest. Signs can easily be wiped down with sanitizing wipes. We are going to leave it up to each individual event to determine if they want the props available or not. If you choose to not have props, there is no refund. You may also elect to have only props which are easily sanitized. Again, if you elect for limited props, there is no refund.
8. What if my attendant gets sick and is unable to make my event?
Right now we are working out our schedule so our attendants are going out in rotations to minimize their exposure to large groups. Additionally, all events have a back up attendant on standby in the event of an emergency. While we are able to schedule multiple events in a day, for the foreseeable future, we are limiting our schedule to one event per day. This will allow us to continue to reschedule events going into 2021 which are impacted by COVID-19.
We very much welcome the input from our clients and if you can think of anything we may not have considered, please reach out and let us know. We want to make sure everyone feels confident in our response to being part of your event and understanding while we do want to celebrate with everyone, we are also working to do our part to keep your guests safe and healthy. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or ideas you may have - we are always available for you.
Wishing Everyone Well,
Your WMS Team